The great thing about staying on top of advancements in dental technology is that I continuously find new ways to enhance the experiences of my patients. Whether it’s something that makes you more comfortable or saves you time, I can’t wait to make it part of my practice so you can benefit. One of the treatments I offer does BOTH. Best of all, it is one of my favorite options to make your teeth look fantastic! Curious about what it might be?
E4D Same-Day Crowns
Treatment with traditional crowns takes several appointments to complete. E4D crowns, however, are completed in the same day. Here’s how it works:
- After I prepare your teeth for the crown, I’ll take a DIGITAL impression. This means no messy, goopy impression trays to trigger your gag reflex. Additionally, digital technology is precise and fast.
- The information I collect from your digital impression will be received by a design unit that will create a 3D model of your tooth. I will use the model to create the look you want, then use a milling machine right in my office to create your final restoration.
- When your restoration is complete — that very same day — I will permanently bond it to your prepared tooth.
This technology allows you to be involved in the creation of your crown, prevents you from coming in for multiple appointments, and allows you to avoid the frustration of a temporary crown. The final restoration will look perfectly natural and also restore and protect your tooth.
What Crowns Can Treat
The beauty of crowns is that they can be used to correct a number of dental concerns and imperfections, including:
- Protecting weak teeth from fracturing
- Restoring fractured teeth
- Replacing large fillings
- Covering a discolored or misshapen tooth
- Covering a tooth that has had a root canal
Between their versatility and convenience, there’s no reason to go back to traditional crowns!