Stop Avoiding The Dentist
Do you feel that you need a miracle to help you overcome your fears of going to the dentist? Well, we have just what you need! Sedation dentistry is the answer. It can help patients undergo their treatments and procedures without fear and enables the dentist to work quickly and efficiently to provide those needed treatments and procedures.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Sedation dentistry is a great option for patients who feel extreme anxiety about coming to the dentist. Many anxious patients avoid coming to the dentist, and putting off a cleaning or dental procedure can be detrimental to teeth in the long run, so this option is great to help curb fears and anxieties associated with the dentist.
- Sedation dentistry is also great for patients who have a sensitive gag reflex or are sensitive to lights, sounds, and smells associated with the dentist. Since the patient is in a calm state, there is no more hyperawareness and those problems go away.
- Sedation dentistry is also a great solution for patients who have a difficult time sitting through long procedures. Due to being in a state of relaxation, although the patient is awake, they are not aware of the length of time of the procedure.
What Kind of Sedation Treatment Do You Offer?
We offer both Nitrous Oxide sedation as well as Oral Sedation.
- Nitrous oxide, commonly known as “laughing gas”, is a gaseous sedative. Despite its nickname, nitrous oxide does not cause hysterical laughter, rather it creates a calming effect to help patients feel at ease and relaxed during dental procedures. With the use of a mask, nitrous oxide is administered to you in our office during your procedure. It works immediately, and once the gas is stopped, you return to a normal sense of awareness immediately.
- Oral sedation is a pill that is taken approximately an hour before the appointment. It is a great option for patients who feel extreme anxiety prior to their appointment. It helps create a sense of peace and calm before the patient arrives. It is also a great option for patients who have a longer procedure scheduled.
While relaxation dentistry might not make a patient jump for joy about coming to the dentist, it can certainly create a sense of calm that would otherwise be lacking. If you are interested in learning more or feel that you would be a candidate for dental sedation, please call our Spotswood, NJ office today to schedule an appointment or consultation.